Rental based SIP SoftPhone & Mobile Dialers for VoIP Business Providers with opcode
VoIP Retail Industry is getting competitive days by day and margins are squeezing. It’s becoming increasingly difficult for new VoIP service providers to sustain and offer good rates to customers. One can start new VoIP service as retailer (branding white label services) or to setup whole infra including VoIP Billing, Dedicated server and Softphone dialers for Mobile and Desktop.
In an industry where brand loyalties keep on changing every few weeks (even days) due to price differentials in routes, VoIP providers cannot help but create new SIP Brands and SIP Servers after forging a new tieup with better and economical rate partner. But this often changing brand activity is painful for VOIP Providers in following ways:
- Changing Mobile Dialers branding
- Communicating to users new Mobile Dialer details and how to use
- Investing in new Mobile Dialer Applications
Given that on an average, each platform dialer costing in vicnity of USD 700-2000, it is often an investment which cannot be considered light when Providers change partnerships because of difference of Cents. Further, this investment repays only as-long-as the providers run the particular brand. At the time of switching or rebranding, the same cycle begins again.
Therefore, the changing landscape demands that VoIP Providers should have the access to a Mobile Dialers Suite which:
- Has no lock-in period, rental based
- Changing brands is a breeze
- Communicating to users about new Mobile Dialers should be easy
PhonixDialer is a solution to the above problems. Opcode Mobile Dialers for Android &Iphone for VoIP Providers comes as a solution for provider in two parts:
- PhonixDialer Web Panel – Lets a VoIP Provider manage SIP brands and SIP Server information. Each brand is saved as a “opcode” (a 4-5 digit number).
- Mobile Dialer Apps: VoIP customers of the provider download & install these Android/Iphone apps in their mobile phones
Using the service is easy. In traditional mobile dialers, you get a login screen with User Name/Password/ SIP Server. In PhonixDialer, the first screen presented would be “Enter Opcode” screen, where the user enters the opcode of their VoIP Service Provider. In subsequent screen, they enter the login details.
Now the Service provider is at liberty anytime to change the SIP Server. The reason to change may be various:
- SIP Server Down, changing SIP Server
- Running SIP Server on different port
- Changing Brand Name
- Adding Balance display URL
Any changes in SIP Server are reflected in realtime in customer’s app.